Customer Traffic and several factors
What are the benefits of counting people?
When traffic is fluctuating, business is fluctuating. But do you always understand the factors that are affecting traffic? You may think sales reports and a walk around the shopping centre or museum tell you all about your visitors and customers. But a people counting system is like having an army of people looking at your building, all the time, every day of the year. We can help you see trends. We can help you “zoom out” and reach beyond today’s sales or visitor figures. Here are some factors that can be assessed once you analyze accurate data:
The location factor
- To evaluate environmental changes (constructions etc…)
- To find out what are the effects of new competition
- To adjust rent figures in real relation to traffic value.
The attraction factor (inside/outside traffic comparison)
- To compare the pull of different looks, themes, and stores in a same mall or museum
- To evaluate the success of visual marketing and renovations
- To appraise the effect changes in tenants or exhibition
- To confirm the success of promotions, and other merchandising activities
- To Identify attractive public areas
- To get a snapshot of activity on a store-by-store or zone-by-zone basis.
The hold factor
How long do your clients stay inside? How do we get this data? Our sensors detect direction of passage and our software algorithms compile and compare the data. Hence, we can deduct the average length of a person’s stay in the mall. In real time.
Here is what some of our customers make of their people counting data:
- Optimize promotional spending
- Compare locations
- Assess the effects of changes
- Improve customer service
- Respect safety regulations
- Be ready for the future