What are the benefits of counting customers
OPTIMIZE YOUR PROMOTIONAL SPENDING
Advertising and store organization both attract and influence customers. Measuring human traffic helps sort out each factor’s influence. Generally, a campaign producing a 7% rise in total sales could be declared a success. However, if people counting figures showed a 30% increase in visitors, the campaign hasn’t reached its full potential!
Measuring customer traffic has several benefits:
- Get a much more accurate idea of the relative importance of sales and visitor aspects on your business.
- Grab this new opportunity to focus your efforts effectively.
- Optimize your advertising and promotional budgets.
A more detailed vision will allow subtler responses to changing circumstances. Counting your visitors gives you a comprehensive view of the employees’ efforts in each store:
- Compare individual store performances.
- Provide a fairer evaluation when equipped with complete knowledge.
- For example, if a store experiences reduced sales while maintaining its conversion rate with the diminished number of visitors, this could be due to outside circumstances beyond the employees’ control.
ASSESS THE EFFECTS OF CHANGES
Changes are regularly made inside shopping centres, such as tenant turnout, renovations or special events. A store needs to evaluate two kinds of customer traffic: outside traffic (people passing in front of the store) and inside traffic (people actually inside the store). The inside/outside ratio gives your store’s attraction rate, which provides a good idea of the influence of changes brought about in the front window or even to the store’s general layout.
IMPROVE CUSTOMER SERVICE
Waiting too long can cause the customer to go elsewhere next time. Measuring your customer traffic precisely tells you how many people are present in the store and thus helps adjust employee assignment, especially at the cash registers, a common source of customer dissatisfaction.
RESPECT SAFETY REGULATIONS
Some buildings are imposed limits on the number of persons allowed inside. An automatic counting system helps in limiting the attendance to the authorized number and provides the concerned authorities with verifiable numbers.
BE READY FOR THE FUTURE
Measuring interior and exterior human traffic is a new field of activity which will offer benefits we haven’t yet imagined.
- Help better dispose and display merchandise.
- Obtain figures on service efficiency at the cash registers.
- Count cars in your parking area and get a complete profile of your human traffic.